ALL CLASS v CLASS CLOWNS

Talk about cricket, soccer, tennis, rugby, whatever you like. Talk about it here!

grassy1
Champion of Essendon

ALL CLASS v CLASS CLOWNS

Post by grassy1 »

Ash Barty is ALL CLASS!

You could say all sorts of things that highlight just how good she is!

But for now,compare and contrast her CLASS to that of the 2 CLASS CLOWNS of Australia,let alone Australian Tennis,Nick Kyrgios and Bernard Tomic.

There is no comparison really.We know how good ASH is!

But we also know what a pair of Clowns the other 2 are,with all their carry on,especially Kyrgios!

You two have the talent,but have ZERO application to the job of playing good tennis and looking good in the process.All you two do is play and act Ugly and Australians despise you for it!

Pull your heads in,if you really want to do something in your careers,keep your traps shut and just play some Tennis!And if you do that and Win something significant,you might find we actually start to like you!

But that’s up to you two to stop acting like Complete and utter buffoons!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Re: ALL CLASS v CLASS CLOWNS

Post by grassy1 »

Add Dylan Alcott to the list of ALL CLASS!

Years ago,I had a ball trying out Wheelchair Soccer.It was great fun,physical,but not being a full time player,I got blisters on my hands.

That’s hard with 2 hands.How you and other guys and girls do it with 1 hand,with the other on the racquet,I do not know.But you do it and in your case Dylan,very darn well.

Your French Open Victory gives you 6 titles,if I read things right.3 Grand Slam tournaments in a Row,puts you on course for The Grand Slam.Should you Win Wimbledon,that’s The Grand Slam,having started your run in the USA.

Well done Dylan,you Star!Good luck at Wimbledon.

It should be noted,that you Won the Doubles Title as well,with your American rival and playing partner,David Wagner.My apologies to David for my momentary lapse of memory. :oops:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

Well done Barty =D>

Fantastic effort. Such a talent.

I think Kyrgios is very much misunderstood. People are too quick to criticise this guy. Some of his outbursts are just overstated in the press IMO.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

He gets ZERO sympathy from me Windy.His antics just prior to the French Open,suggested he needed a good,long suspension to think things through,rather him pull the pun to do so.

People might be quick to criticise him,but only because he is quick to open his mouth,or say something stupid on Twitter.Good to see he has barely uttered a squeak in the past 2 weeks.Great!Maybe someone has got in his ear and told him to pull his head in,only this time do it properly!
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:03 am He gets ZERO sympathy from me Windy.His antics just prior to the French Open,suggested he needed a good,long suspension to think things through,rather him pull the pun to do so.

People might be quick to criticise him,but only because he is quick to open his mouth,or say something stupid on Twitter.Good to see he has barely uttered a squeak in the past 2 weeks.Great!Maybe someone has got in his ear and told him to pull his head in,only this time do it properly!
He gets harassed a fair bit on social media too. The criticism is over the top. No wonder he lashes out. Why can’t the just let him be? I reckon if they lay off, he’ll respond with a much better attitude and demeanour. The constant badgering is like bullying to be honest.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

No it’s not.He creates his own mess and naturally people will respond to it negatively.He has to stop making excuses for himself,stop listening to the wrong people and get on with some tennis,without the sideshow.

If he can do that and put some results together,he may just find his critics(including me) may turn into fans.It’s up to him and Bernie for that matter.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Windy Hille wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:58 pm
grassy1 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:03 am He gets ZERO sympathy from me Windy.His antics just prior to the French Open,suggested he needed a good,long suspension to think things through,rather him pull the pun to do so.

He gets harassed a fair bit on social media too. The criticism is over the top. No wonder he lashes out. Why can’t the just let him be? I reckon if they lay off, he’ll respond with a much better attitude and demeanour. The constant badgering is like bullying to be honest.
Nick deserves whatever criticism - or praise - he gets.
He's in the entertainment business, and effectively, his audience are his financiers.
And it should go without saying that he can remove himself from social media if he wishes to - and reap the benefits of no social commentary, but also forego the "likes" and popularity. It's his choice.
However, the thing is that Nick is actually pretty comfortable with his situation as it is.
He skips out whenever he feels like it, has no pressure to perform at any particular level, doesn't have to change himself or conform to any expectations, but......still has enough talent and success to live exactly the lifestyle he wants to.
In some ways I admire him for it - he's doing what he loves, on his own terms, and earning the living he desires. He doesn't need to try harder.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

No,he won’t.

And he certainly won’t win any Grand Slam tournaments,that’s for sure.
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:58 pm No,he won’t.

And he certainly won’t win any Grand Slam tournaments,that’s for sure.
Well the jury is still out in that regard. You can’t dismiss his talent or pure natural ability when it comes to performance on a level where he switches on.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Talent?Yes!

Unfulfilled?Definitely!

He needs to put some Seriously good results on the board,or seriously considering to do what he’s threatened to do in quitting,giving us all a break.

Same goes with Tomic!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Again,Ash Barty is All Class! =D>

Bernie and Nick are Class Clowns! :roll:
Windy Hille
Regular Senior Player

Post by Windy Hille »

grassy1 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:13 am Again,Ash Barty is All Class! =D>

Bernie and Nick are Class Clowns! :roll:
Agree about Barty and Bernie, but Nick was pretty good. Played a pretty good game against Rafa. His showmanship was in check and tried his best. Again, it’s others who try to bait him into controversy.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Sorry mate,he manages that all by himself.He starts and we,the fans naturallly respond.

He is a Classic Case of being His Own Worst Enemy!

If he put all his Bullshit aside,he may have beaten Rafa if he totally focused on his Tennis!

But No,not Nick and he won’t change his ways,....

He is f****** Wasting his talent,.......
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Another good win for Barty, building nicely...
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

And no pressure from reasonable fans.Just an ever hopefull wish that she’ll continue to do herself great credit,with continued success!If she gets beat,giving her all,fair enough.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Krygious is afraid of winning. He can't handle the expectations.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Whatever the perceptions are of Novak,we don’t need your input thanks Nick!

Novak’s Won how many Grand Slam Tournaments?16?I could be losing count here,.....YOU?!

ZERO!

We haven’t got close to starting a count with you Nick!Not even close!

:roll:
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

One’s a start at Washington,so good work there Nick.But unfortunately,you just couldn’t do it without making a fool of yourself at least once,could you?

Would you like to become a naturalised American?They seem to like your goofball antics,more than we do.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

grassy1 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:42 pm One’s a start at Washington,so good work there Nick.But unfortunately,you just couldn’t do it without making a fool of yourself at least once,could you?

Would you like to become a naturalised American?They seem to like your goofball antics,more than we do.
I must admit, when I saw the water bottle incident, I pissed myself laughing. What a crack up haha :lol:

“It slipped outta my hands” lol
Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Which was complete Bullshit and if it wasn’t grounds for instant default,it should have been.

Someone had to say “he silenced the critics”and someone scripted some poor lady newsreader to say it,but whoever it was needs their head read! :roll:

He did no such thing!We know he can play,but he can’t keep his stupid trap shut!So long as he keeps acting the fool,his critics will always be around,me included!