Myths

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Daisy..1
High Draft Pick

Re: Myths

Post by Daisy..1 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:15 pm

So we have had 15 years of internal shit fighting then?
I think the most frustrating thing about us as a team is that we DO have the talent and the ability, it just seems that its only turned on when they "can be bothered too"

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:44 pm

rockhole wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:53 pm
If Essendon was a racehorse, they would have been swabbed and disqualified for the previous two weeks performances. These were not just 3 or 4 goal losses, but absolute thrashings. Also, these defeats were off the back of successive wins, a couple of which were outstanding.
Then, we go Interstate, never a good move, and convincingly beat Freo on their own patch.

Such form reversal is not coincidental. Such huge form reversals can usually be attributed to a massive internal shitfight that we do not hear about for several years. Sometimes this works in our favour as per the Neeld dismissal. Generally, however, it is usually a negative outcome and totally impossible to fathom.

I simply do not subscribe to the usual outpourings that we are totally shit, have no spine, have no leaders, have no coaching staff etc etc. if we were so shithouse, we would not be playing finals. And if this was the case, then there are 11 teams that are shittier than we are.

Don't confuse "rose coloured glasses" with hope. I go to every Melbourne game in the "hope" that we are going to win. I follow the entire season in the hope that we will contest the finals. And I hope to witness another flag before I fall off the twig. Without hope, you may as well go and sit in the Heatly stand and follow a really shit team.

I have been luck enough to witnessed 6 flags, so there are still a lot of credits in the bank in my support for Essendon. This has been really hard yards, even worse than the "70"s, and who knows if we have turned the corner. But if you are constantly focussing on the negatives, I cannot imagine what enjoyment you could derive from following the Dons. Maybe softball may be more appealing!!!
Excellent post Rocky

There are 7 All Australians in this team (albeit Daniher being absent)

Other than a lack of KPP depth in the forward line, a decent ruckman and an elite inside mid, we have the framework of a decent side.

So why the terrible form fluctuations? Coaching and a culture of acceptance can be the only realistic answer.

I was really disappointed to hear Worsfold say he was proud of the players last week against Western Bulldogs. Now I understand he is trying to keep it all positive but in my thinking, that just comes across as dumb. He needed to state emphatically that those performances will never be accepted and the players have in beating Fremantle displayed this mind set.

As a club, we have to stop letting players of the hook. They are professional, well paid sportsman and like any professional, need to be held accountable for poor performance.

F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:23 pm

Windy_Hill wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:44 pm
As a club, we have to stop letting players of the hook. They are professional, well paid sportsman and like any professional, need to be held accountable for poor performance.
Is he too aware of how millenials reputedly cope with feedback? They don't want feedback but they do want attention. :lol: :-k :wink:

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:27 pm

F111 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:23 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Is he too aware of how millenials reputedly cope with feedback? They don't want feedback but they do want attention. :lol: :-k :wink:
Woosha probaly likes and shares their Instagram posts as a part of their Monday post game review

s'dreams
Club Captain

Post by s'dreams » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:47 pm

F111 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:23 pm
Windy_Hill wrote:
Clarkson doesn't seem to share the sensitivity...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)