The Comeback Kings... a trip down memory lane

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

The Comeback Kings... a trip down memory lane

Post by MH_Bomber »

We all know the greatest come back of all time was against North in 2001.
As we got further and further behind yesterday I was thinking about seeing the Bombers best comback in a single quarter.
This is one to remember.

Watch "Comeback.1992 ANZAC day. Essendon vs Melbourne." on YouTube

https://youtu.be/Xx_vnEKDJD8
Last edited by MH_Bomber on Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Re: The Comeback Kings... a trip down memory lane

Post by MH_Bomber »

Dear mods can someone get rid of this duplicate thread? I cant delete it. The YouTube tabs didnt work this.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Dear mods can someone get rid of this duplicate thread? I cant delete it. The YouTube tabs didnt work this.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I remember that day very well! I was there. It was our first season playing at the MCG as our home ground.

41 points down at 3Q time. They got the first goal in the last quarter - 47 points down. Then the amazing happened. I think Paul Salmon kicked 5 or 6 goals in the last quarter. Wanganeen kicker a ripper to put us in front, and then Derek Kickett took a phenomenal mark before crashing into the goal post (saving a behind that would have drawn the game).

Great times! Weird season. We lost a game to Hawthorn by 160 points later that year. I stayed for every minute of it. Hard to believe that we would be premiers about 27 games later :shock:

Here’s a link to the video. Now I’ll sit back and enjoy it again... 8)

Essendunny
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Great to watch and listen to,just hearing Ted again was pure Gold.

Ted was featured on The Sunday Footy Show this morning,where TJ’s Vault took us back to the original Sunday Footy Show,with Max anchoring the show,trying to keep Ted,Sam,Lou,Mal,Simon and anyone else causing too much mischief! :lol:

It was a strange season,one might say Topsy/Turvey just like this game.And a complete turnaround on the Elimination Final from the year before,which in itself was a complete turnaround on our early dominance there. :shock:

I think I was more horrified at our 94 point deficit at 3/4 Time to Fitzroy,than I was our 160 point Humiliation by Hawthorn.I was certainly proud of our surprise Win over the Hawthorn at VFL Park,But for some reason,I shrugged my shoulders and said we must have really poked the bear the previous time we met.

The 75 point loss to West Coast was most displeasing,but I only heard about 2 and a half Quarters before switching off and heading off to play Amateur Footy at Swanbourne.Not before Sumich kicked one of his 11.8 and several out on the Full and for some reason,he turned around and remonstrated with our Cheer Squad.

Did we Boo him?One for you Daisy! :wink: :lol:

We finished the season with 12 Wins,but nowhere near enough to qualify for Finals,being 2 games behind,plus a big chunk of Percentage.What heartened me though was the Ressies winning the Flag,not realising how good some of the young players there were,nor taking too much notice of who was Coaching them.

Dennis Pagan.

And Carlton missing the Finals on the last day of the Home and Away season.Just don’t tell Earl Spalding I said that,when I’m about to get him to tell his players about Parkin’s Pages of Time spiel! 8)